Sunday, April 12, 2009

what? zebra crossing? can eat ar?

if I remembered correctly...when I was still a little kid...the 2 things I 1st learned about road safety...
1st is traffic light...red stop...green go...
2nd is zebra crossing...we MUST use the zebra crossing when crossing the road...great


today I sent my grandpa to the bus station...
on the way back came across a few old men and young girls trying to cross the road at a zebra crossing...

me having my 1st world mentality...I slowed down my car and stop to let them cross...I made sure I did not stopped abruptly...

the young girls smiled at me and gestured to thank me...ehem...

right at that moment I received a few honks...3 if i'm not mistaken...

em...what had I done wrong?
cause I stopped my car when there were old men crossing the road?
am I supposed to run them down?
I supposed its their fault that they don't "see car" when crossing the road...
I really don't know lar...maybe 1st world mentality can never understand 3rd world mentality...and otherwise...

in my opinion, this is a very classic example of 1st world facility...
we have loads of cars...new and fancy...running around the roads...and zebra crossings SUPPOSED to ease pedestrians...
but with 3rd world mentality...em...lost of words...hope you all can understand what I'm trying to convey...

we always see in TV news...when they interview foreigners, they will comment malaysia very nice, friendly, bla bla bla...all the good things lar...
but in reality...when they go back...they may tell their friends we don't stop our cars at zebra crossings...
and I have heard with my own ears...my foreigner friend jokingly asked if there is no traffic laws in Malaysia...

recently in the by-elections...our dear Tun M was giving speeches...I came across one comment...
he was saying if we look at KL, she definitely looks and feels like a developed city, not a developing one...

from the balcony of my aunt's condominium...KL definitely "looks" like a developed city...nice and modern sky scrappers...
but inside the city? I would say it is as chaotic as Bangkok...

in my opinion, one very very basic attribute of a developed city...both facility and mentality...the moment you stand by the curb of a zebra crossing...the cars will stop...even without zebra crossing...when you look like you want to cross the roads...they will stop...
I don't know lar...i not living in KL mar...maybe they got leh...nowadays their people so educated wan...

oh...did I forgot to mention the floods?
how often do we hear flash floods in Singapore or Tokyo or New York or London or Paris?
(pls don't tell me Venice...she is supposed to be flooded)
I guess definitely not as often as our KL...that's why its called KUALA Lumpur...
when flooded, does she still looks like a developed city?
I think she looks more like a sawah padi...

photo from The Sun

don't worry...still got time...
Vision 2020 mar...forgot already meh?
still got 11 years...
Malaysia CAN!!!


3 comments:

  1. aww thanks for your comment <333 i reply u here k?

    haha some beauticians start their own business thats y can drive beemywife ma but starting starting that time the pay damn low la.. anyway my mum psycho me to think all beauticians very fat hao wan.. wth...

    and omg jio i dun even know what those alphabets stand for wei hmmm can i just wear a mask everyday? haha.. i damn scared of my clinical T.T

    oh you guys should come to bureau la.. confirm put on weight wan syok! nyeh nyeh... and eye power will increase too cause of looking at the comp whole day haha...

    toodles~

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger