Monday, June 22, 2009

an old assignment...my favourite course

finally my laptop is up and running again...after 1 whole year of resting in the cabinet...its a Toshiba...
i broke the adaptor a year ago...and lazy to get new one...another reason being its expensive...but at the end i got one...but not from Toshiba...cause its ridiculously expensive....

while going through some old files...found this...
my assignment for my favourite course in USM...
the course i enjoyed the most...although German tailed closely...but this is still the best...
LHP 453...Creative Writing...

my English isn't really good...and my story isn't really creative...but i'm tak malu lar...just want to share something i wrote...felt it wasteful...wrote it only for my teacher to read...

here's the intro...hope you enjoy it...
..............

“Come on Papa, you must take these medications accordingly,” Ei Leen reminded her father, as she always did whenever she comes home from her college in KL.

“I did,” Papa told Ei Leen, although he never did.

“No, you didn’t! I counted your tablets. They do not tally with the doses you should have taken since the last time I counted them. Papa, you always forgot your medicines.”

“Not always. Sometimes I forgot.”

“You also didn’t take them as instructed. I saw you took your medicines after dinner just now. You should have taken them half an hour before meal. That’s why you always feel dizzy and having stomach upset.”

“That has nothing to do with my ‘kencing manis’ medications.”

“Of course they do. They are supposed to lower your blood glucose level after meal. If you take them without eating, your blood glucose will be so low that you could faint. And don’t ever forget your medicine for your heart.”

“I am only tired and having my gastric pain. I had been having gastric pain for the last 40 years.”

“Papa, please don’t make me worry. Only 6 months left to my graduation. After that I will come home and take care of you. Meanwhile, Papa, please take care of yourself.”

“Ok,” he got up from his rusty metal recliner, headed to his room and closed the door.

“Papa, I’m serious. I really…ring ring…ring ring…ring,” the conversation was interrupted by her ringing mobile phone. As she was reaching for the phone, the ringing stopped. She reviewed the missed call.

“Papa, I’m going to pasar malam with some friends. Don’t wait for me. They will fetch me home,” she told Papa through the door.

“Be careful. Don’t come home too late,” he replied.

“I will. Good night Papa.”


She grabbed a pair of sneakers from the shoe cabinet, wore them and walked out, closing the door behind her. Closing the main gate, she walked down the peaceful road until she reached a junction, two doors away. She turned left and walked towards a waiting navy blue Perodua Kelisa. Yew Vern was waiting inside the car. As he sees her approaching, he reeled up the window and started the engine.


to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger