Sunday, April 15, 2012

So I'm not the only one who's worried...

An article was published in the newspaper today (http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/4/15/nation/11106782&sec=nation)

Unlike my previous kampung writing...this is a well researched article with opinion from engineering experts on the ability of our buildings to stand earthquakes.

A photo from the article...Mass evacuation: Crowds moving out of Komtar in George Town, Penang, during the Indonesia quake on Wednesday


After reading the article, I feel less paranoid about my previous entry.
So there are experts who share my concern...and with good reasons for that.

One small info from the article...
"...currently, only KLCC and Penang Bridge are earthquake proof...the second Penang Bridge which is being constructed will also be earthquake proof."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger